Re: operator is only a shell - Error

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: operator is only a shell - Error
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 3/19/24 00:02, Rajesh S wrote:
> Sorry Adrian, my bad. I'd mentioned "deposit_sub_no='1'" by mistake,
> actually it was "deposit_sub_no=cast(1 as varchar)". This was throwing

1) Maybe you could explain the logic of taking a number and casting it
to a string to compare it to a number?

2) select 1::varchar = 1::varchar;
  ?column?

So:

deposit_sub_no::varchar = 1::varchar

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Greg Sabino Mullane
Сообщение: Re: Postgres database encryption
От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: Query on Postgres SQL transaction