[GSoC] (Is it OK to choose items without % mark in theToDoList) && (is it an acceptable idea to build index on Flash Disk)

От mx
Тема [GSoC] (Is it OK to choose items without % mark in theToDoList) && (is it an acceptable idea to build index on Flash Disk)
Дата
Ответы Re: [GSoC] (Is it OK to choose items without % mark in theToDoList) && (is it an acceptable idea to build index on Flash Disk)  ("Heikki Linnakangas" <heikki@enterprisedb.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello,Everyone!<br />I'm a student in China. and I'm preparing for GSocC2008 in these days. <br />There are two
questionsabout GSoC.<br /><br />1. There's a paragraph about the Example Proposal Ideas in PostgreSQL Summer Projects
website.<br/><br /><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt
0pt0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;"><b>TODO Items</b>: A number of the items on our TODO list have been marked as good
projectsfor beginners who are new to the PostgreSQL code. Items on this list have the advantage of already having
generalcommunity agreement that the feature is desireable. These items should also have some general discussion
availablein the mailing list archives to help get you started. <b>You can find these items on the <a
href="http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs.TODO.html">TODO</a>list, they will be marked with a percent sign (%)</b>.<br
/></blockquote><br/>I didn't get attention to this paragraph before, so I choose some items without % in the List.<br
yearof  studies. And I'm in a lab  doing database research. <br />My thesis work is about B-Tree index in NAND Flash
Disk.I want to do it based on PostgreSQL..<br /> I know embedded server is the feature that postgreSQL don't want. But
flashDisk is developing very fast. It's a trend that Flash Disk will replace magnetic disk one day just like what Jim
Graysaid "Tape is dead, disk is tape, flash is disk",  though  nowadays flash  device is only widely used in embedded
Instituteof Technology, Harbin, China<br />Gtalk: <a href="mailto:mx.cogito@gmail.com">mx.cogito@gmail.com</a><br
/>MSN:<a href="mailto:cnEnder@live.com">cnEnder@live.com</a><br /> Blog: <a
href="http://xiaomeng.yo2.cn">http://xiaomeng.yo2.cn</a>