Re: Avoiding bad prepared-statement plans.

От Bart Samwel
Тема Re: Avoiding bad prepared-statement plans.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 13:41, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 7:39 AM, Bart Samwel <bart@samwel.tk> wrote:
> Anyhow, I have no clue how much time the planner takes. Can anybody provide
> any statistics in that regard?

It depends a great deal on the query, which is one of the things that
makes implementing this rather challenging.

But I guess you can probably expect it to be on the same order for the same query in generic form and with filled-in parameters? Because that's the underlying assumption of the "ratio" criterion -- that re-planning with filled-in parameters takes about as much time as the initial planning run took.

Cheers,
Bart