Re: [HACKERS] Logical replication existing data copy

От Petr Jelinek
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Logical replication existing data copy
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/attachment/49995/snapbuild-v4-0001-Reserve-global-xmin-for-create-slot-snasphot-export.patch

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/attachment/49996/snapbuild-v4-0002-Don-t-use-on-disk-snapshots-for-snapshot-export-in-l.patch

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/attachment/49997/snapbuild-v4-0003-Prevent-snapshot-builder-xmin-from-going-backwards.patch

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/attachment/49998/snapbuild-v4-0004-Fix-xl_running_xacts-usage-in-snapshot-builder.patch

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/attachment/49977/0001-Logical-replication-support-for-initial-data-copy-v6.patch

> logical replication now seems pretty stable, at least for the limited
> testcase that I am using.  I've done dozens of pgbench_derail2.sh runs
> without failure.  I am now changing the pgbench-test to larger scale
> (pgbench -is) and longer periods (-T) which makes running the test slow
> (both instances are running on a modest desktop with a single 7200
> disk).  It is quite a bit slower than I expected (a 5-minute pgbench
> scale 5, with 8 clients, takes, after it has finished on master, another
> 2-3 minutes to get synced on the replica).  I suppose it's just a
> hardware limitation.  I set max_sync_workers_per_subscription to 6 (from
> default 2) but it doesn't help much (at all).
>
> To be continued...

Thanks,

The performance was why in original patch I wanted the apply process to
default to synchronous_commit = off as without it the apply performance
(due to applying transactions individually and in sequences) is quite
lackluster.

It can be worked around using user that has synchronous_commit = off set
via ALTER ROLE as owner of the subscription.

Services