Re: How to write such a query

От Thomas Kellerer
Тема Re: How to write such a query
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Igor Korot schrieb am 18.09.2020 um 22:18:
> Thank you for the info.
> My problem is that I want to emulate Access behavior.
>
> As I said - Access does it without changing the query internally (I presume).
>
> I want to do the same with PostgreSQL.
>
> I'm just trying to understand how to make it work for any query
>
> I can have 3,4,5 tables, query them and then update the Nth record in the resulting recordset.
>
> Access does it, PowerBuilder does it.

I assume that they query the database to find the primary key for the table in question.
Once the primary key columns are known (and part of the result), they generate the appropriate
UPDATE statement with a WHERE clause based on the the values in the result to update
the row that was changed.

Thomas

Сообщение: Re: How to write such a query
Сообщение: Re: How to write such a query