Re: pgsql: Fix search_path to a safe value during maintenance operations.

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: pgsql: Fix search_path to a safe value during maintenance operations.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2023-08-01 at 14:47 -0700, David G. Johnston wrote:
> The overall point stands, it just requires defining a similar "FROM
> SESSION" to allow for explicitly specifying the current default
> (missing) behavior.

That sounds useful as a way to future-proof function definitions that
intend to use the session search_path.

It seems like we're moving in the direction of search_path defaulting
to FROM CURRENT (probably with a long road of compatibility GUCs to
minimize breakage...) and everything else defaulting to FROM SESSION
(as before)?

Regards,
    Jeff Davis