Re: Proposal for changes to recovery.conf API

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Proposal for changes to recovery.conf API
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 12/01/2016 05:58 PM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>     >> * Add docs: "Guide to changes in recovery.conf in 10.0"
>     >
>     > Hmm, we don't usually write the docs in terms of how things are
>     > different from a previous version.  Might seem strange in 5 years.
>     > Not sure what's best, here.
>
>     A good chunk in the release notes would make sense as well?
>

> It would.
>
> And in fairness, having such a "guide to changes" chapter in each
> release probably *would* be a good idea. But it would take resources to
> make that. The release notes are good, but having a more hand-holding
> version explaining incompatible changes in "regular sentences" would
> probably be quite useful to users.

We will have enough major changes in 10.0 to warrant writing one of
these.  Maybe not as part of the official docs, but as a set of wiki
pages or similar.

Josh Berkus
Red Hat OSAS
(any opinions are my own)

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] pg_dump vs. TRANSFORMs
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] pg_dump vs. TRANSFORMs