Re: [BUGS] BUG #14578: Tables with same name in different schema arenot shown with \dt

От Euler Taveira
Тема Re: [BUGS] BUG #14578: Tables with same name in different schema arenot shown with \dt
Дата
Re: [BUGS] BUG #14578: Tables with same name in different schema are not shown with \dt
Список pgsql-bugs
On 04-03-2017 11:51, francois@teksol.info wrote:
> In my schema, I happen to have two tables in different schemas with the same
> name. PG supports that no problem, but when I listed the tables using \dt
> and the search path set to both schemas, I expected to see the two tables.
> Sadly, that wasn't the case.

It is not a bug. It is a documented behavior [1].

"An object is said to be visible if its containing schema is in the
search path and no object of the same kind and name appears earlier in
the search path."

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/app-psql.html

--
   Euler Taveira                   Timbira - http://www.timbira.com.br/