Re: [GENERAL] large object does not exist after pg_migrator

От Jamie Fox
Тема Re: [GENERAL] large object does not exist after pg_migrator
Дата
Re: [GENERAL] large object does not exist after pg_migrator  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers

> Here's what I have found that got broken during pg_migrate:  In two side by
> side databases (an 8.3.7 copy and 8.4.0 migrated with pg_migrator) the
> pg_largeobject table has the same number of rows.  However, in the 8.4
> database any select for an loid in pg_largeobject returns zero rows.  If I
> select all loids to a file, and compare to select all loids from 8.3.7
> they're the same.  When I select != an loid it seems to exclude the one and
> return the rest, but all other comparisons <, > or = return zero rows.  Or
> I'm completely batty.  Dereferencing via lo_open of blob_data (an oid) in
> other tables fails in the 8.4 database with 'large object xxxxid does not
> exist'.

Oh, so maybe it's pg_largeobject's index that's borked ... Did you try
reindexing it?

How are we transferring pg_largeobject, and are we transferring its
index too?

Hi -

REINDEX INDEX pg_largeobject_loid_pn_index;

This seems to have fixed the problem, lo_open of lob data is working again - now to see how vacuumlo likes it.

Thanks,

Jamie