Re: Improve handling of parameter differences in physical replication

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Improve handling of parameter differences in physical replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Here is another stab at this subject.

This is a much simplified variant:  When encountering a parameter change
in the WAL that is higher than the standby's current setting, we log a
warning (instead of an error until now) and pause recovery.  If you
resume (unpause) recovery, the instance shuts down as before.

This allows you to keep your standbys running for a bit (depending on
lag requirements) and schedule the required restart more deliberately.

I had previously suggested making this new behavior configurable, but
there didn't seem to be much interest in that, so I have not included
that there.

The documentation changes are mostly carried over from previous patch
versions (but adjusted for the actual behavior of the patch).

Вложения