Re: 9.3 to 9.5 upgrade problems

От Andy Colson
Тема Re: 9.3 to 9.5 upgrade problems
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> On Sun, Jul 3, 2016 at 11:06 AM, Andy Colson <andy@squeakycode.net <mailto:andy@squeakycode.net>> wrote:
>
>     Hi all,
>
>     I have a master (web1) and two slaves (web2, webserv), one slave is quite far from the master, the db is 112 Gig,
sopg_basebackup is my last resort.

>     I followed the page here:
>     https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/static/pgupgrade.html
>
>     including the rsync stuff.  I practiced it _twice_, once in PG 9.5 beta, and again a week ago, on two VM's I
createdlocally.  Both practice sessions worked perfect.

On 07/03/2016 10:11 AM, Vick Khera wrote:
> binary replication requires the versions be identical. Also, once you ran pg_upgrade you altered one of the copies so
binaryreplication can no longer work on that either.

Yes, all three boxes are running Pg 9.5.

I've uninstalled the PG 9.3 package, and delete the /pub/pg93 database directory.

My rsync copied the pg95 folder from web1 to web2.

-Andy

От: Vick Khera
Сообщение: Re: 9.3 to 9.5 upgrade problems
От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: 9.3 to 9.5 upgrade problems