Re: pg_restore fails when psql succeeds

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: pg_restore fails when psql succeeds
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 12/12/20 12:10 PM, Cherio wrote:
> I am facing a consistent issue with pg_restore when moving databases
> with large tables from PostgreSQL 10 to 13. pg_restore fails to restore
> indexes on some large tables (anything over 20 million records).
>
> pg_restore: error: could not execute query: ERROR:  out of memory
> DETAIL:  Failed on request of size 214728704 in memory context
> "TupleSort sort".
> CONTEXT:  parallel worker
> Command was: CREATE INDEX some_index_idx ON schema1.table1 USING btree
> (some_field);
>
> This happens when a database is exported with formats "custom" or
> "directory". No errors occur when the same databases are exported as
> plain text and imported with psql.
>
> Initially I was importing with --jobs in several threads, but reducing
> threads to 1 made no difference. I tried exporting with pg_dump versions
> 13 and 10. It made no difference either - restore succeeds with plain
> text + psql and fails with the other formats + pg_restore.
>
> The same doesn't happen when I import from 10 into 12. I am a bit lost
> and concerned at this point about moving on with conversion to version 13.
>
> Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Exact Postgres 13 version?

Hardware specifications for machine?

Changes in this
section(https://www.postgresql.org/docs/13/runtime-config-resource.html)
of postgresql.conf?

Relevant information from system logs?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Cherio
Сообщение: pg_restore fails when psql succeeds
От: Cherio
Сообщение: Re: pg_restore fails when psql succeeds