Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 2:04 PM, James Mansion
<james@mansionfamily.plus.com> wrote:
> Hannu Krosing wrote:
>>
>> Pulling the plug should not corrupt a postgreSQL database, unless it was
>> using disks which lie about write caching.
>>

> Didn't we recently put the old wife's 'the disks lied' tale to bed in favour
> of actually admiting that some well known filesystems and saftware raid
> systems have had trouble with their write barriers?

I believe so.  It was determined to be a combination of several
culprits, and only a few hard drives from back in the day apparently
ever had this problem.

Of course now it seems that modern SSDs may lie about cache if they
don't have a big enough capacitor to guarantee they can write out
their internal cache etc.

The sad fact remains that many desktop / workstation systems lie, and
quite a few servers as well, for whatever reason.

Сообщение: Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions
Сообщение: Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions