Re: Performance Tuning - Any easy things that I can do ?

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Performance Tuning - Any easy things that I can do ?
Дата
Re: Performance Tuning - Any easy things that I can do ?  ("Gauthier, Dave" <dave.gauthier@intel.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 8:54 AM, Wang, Mary Y <mary.y.wang@boeing.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I restored my database.  However, I noticed performance is poor as compared to before.
> Are there some easy things that I can do to improve the performance (besides rewriting the code)?
>
> My pgversion is 7.1.3 (I know, I know that I need to upgrade).

Yeah, I ran pg as far back as 6.5 or so, but I can't remember enough
to really hope to help.  I'm guessing that upgrading will be less
painful than trying to performance tune such an old release.

Tuning 7.1 is kinda like performance tuning a 1916 Apperson Jackrabbit...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apperson