Re: Error to install Slony I on Postgresql

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Error to install Slony I on Postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 7:56 PM, maiphan2008 <maiphan2008@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I have a server :SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 (x86_64)
> postgresql-8.31.i586 is installed on this server.
>
> When I install slony1-2.0.2, I have a error "Your version of libpq doesn't
> have PQunescapeBytea      which means that your version of PostgreSQL is
> lower than 7.3      and thus not even remotely supported by Slony-I version
> 2 "

1: Slony 1 V2 isn't really ready for prime time yet.  I installed it a
few months ago in production on 8.3.8 and it promptly started causing
phantom locks to appear that hung the whole db and replication engine
requiring db restarts.  We had more downtime in a week than we'd had
in the previous year.

2: Are you sure you're using the latest libpq in that instance and
that you don't have an old one installed somehow somewhere?