Re: Large DB, several tuning questions: Index sizes, VACUUM, REINDEX, Autovacuum

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Large DB, several tuning questions: Index sizes, VACUUM, REINDEX, Autovacuum
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 12:09 PM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> I know of several instances running with a larger fsm_pages - you could try to
> reduce the fsm_relations setting - I dont know if there are problems lurking
> with such a oversized value.

I run a db with 10M max_fsm_pages and 500k max_fam_relations.  We use
about 4.5M pages and only 1200 or so relations.  But we HAVE many more
relations than that, in the 40k range, so the higher number for max
relations is to make sure that if all those start getting updated we
can track them too.