Re: Working slow

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Working slow
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 7:58 AM, Judith Altamirano
<jaltamirano@lux.com.mx> wrote:
> hello every body, I'm having a data base in a point of sale that is getting
> frozen, I already have run a vacuum -z -d to reindex the data base and
> nothing happens...... Some suggestions to speed the process, Do you guys
> think that the data base is nearly to broke?

vacuumdb does not reindex, reindexdb does that.

Hard to say with so little evidence.

What does top, or vmstat 1, or iostat 10 or

select datname, current_query, waiting, (now()-query_start)::time(0) as runtime
from pg_stat_Activity
where current_query not ilike '%idle%'
order by query_start limit 10

have to say?

Is the database already bloated?  If so, how big is /data/base
compared to usual?