Re: how to use multiple schema's

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: how to use multiple schema's
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 2:58 PM, Himanshu
Gupta<himanshu.gupta@semanticbits.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have multiple applications, i want to create separate schema for each of
> the application. I dont want to change search path, since  have only one
> user. I went through couple of post's talking about some patch related to
> that. It seems that patch got rejected. Any help is appreciated.

I'm not sure how you want this to happen.  Do you want a single user
to see ALL the schemas at once? Or do you want to set the search path
each time you connect?  Is there a reason for having multiple apps hit
multiple schemas but use only one account?  Multiple accounts (one for
each app) would certainly make things more manageable.

But mainly I'm just trying to get a grip on how you're trying to get
this to work.