Re: PG-related ACM Article: "The Pathologies of Big Data"

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: PG-related ACM Article: "The Pathologies of Big Data"
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Oh I just noticed his graphic is "values per second" but he had
originally said they were 16 bit values.  Even if they were 32 or 64
bit values, I'd expect way more than what he's getting there.

On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 6:40 PM, Scott Marlowe<scott.marlowe@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, from the article, I got the feeling he never showed up here on
> the list to ask for help, and he just assumed he knew enough about
> postgresql to say it couldn't scale well.  I just checked the
> archives, and his name doesn't show up.
>
> When you look at his slides, this one makes we wonder about a few points:
>
> http://deliveryimages.acm.org/10.1145/1540000/1536632/figs/f3.jpg

Сообщение: Re: PG-related ACM Article: "The Pathologies of Big Data"
Сообщение: Re: PG-related ACM Article: "The Pathologies of Big Data"