Re: Poor overall performance unless regular VACUUM FULL

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Poor overall performance unless regular VACUUM FULL
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 6:51 AM, Wayne Conrad<wayne@databill.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Jul 2009, Scott Marlowe wrote:
>>
>> Just wondering, which pgsql version, and also, do you have
>> autovacuum turned on?
>
> Dang, I should have said in my initial message.  8.3.6, and autovacuum
> is turned on and has plenty of log activity.

Are you guys doing anything that could be deemed pathological, like
full table updates on big tables over and over?  Had an issue last
year where a dev left a where clause off an update to a field in one
of our biggest tables and in a few weeks the database was so bloated
we had to take it offline to fix the problem.  After fixing the query.

Сообщение: Re: [BUGS] BUG #4919: CREATE USER command slows down system performance
Сообщение: Re: [BUGS] BUG #4919: CREATE USER command slows down system performance