Re: Six PostgreSQL questions from a pokerplayer

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Six PostgreSQL questions from a pokerplayer
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 10:51 PM, Craig
Ringer<craig@postnewspapers.com.au> wrote:

> Personally, I'd probably go 64-bit on any reasonably modern machine that
> could be expected to have more than 2 or 3 GB of RAM. Then again, I
> can't imagine willingly building a production database server for any
> non-trivial (ie > a couple of gigs) database with less than 8GB of RAM
> with RAM prices so absurdly low. Skip-lunch-to-afford-more-RAM low.

Exactly, I was pricing out a new db server at work, and the difference
in cost on a $7000 or so machine was something like $250 or so to go
from 16G to 32G of RAM.

I also can't imagine running a large pgsql server on windows, even 64
bit windows.

Сообщение: Re: Bundling postgreSQL with my Java application
Сообщение: Re: Bundling postgreSQL with my Java application