Re: The connection closed unexpectedly - C++ and Postgre

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: The connection closed unexpectedly - C++ and Postgre
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 2:05 AM, drestajumena<drestajumena@gmail.com> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I have a problem with postgresql that connect to a c++ server.
>
> I build some system servers that have connection to a postgresql server.
> When i add many object in the database, and the system server going to shoot
> the database server with the query. There will be an exception. The
> exception sound : "Server closed the connection unexpectedly".
>
> The configuration of my database server is standard. When i look into the
> log on database server : "connection reset by peer".
>
> Please help me with that problem.

That's odd.  The client says the server closed the connection, the
server says the client closed the connection.  Most the time you see
something like this it's a firewall or some other networking issue
cropping up.  Is this limited to certain size, duration, or something
else unique about the query?  Do you have a firewall between the
machines?  On one of the machines?  I'd run tcpdump on both of them
and watch what's happening on each one from there.