Re: Optimal values for 500 connections

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Optimal values for 500 connections
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 12:52 PM, Pedro Doria
Meunier<pdoria@netmadeira.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm wondering what are the correct values in postgresql.conf for
> max_connections = 500 ...
>
> The values I had in 8.2.13 conf file worked without a problem but with
> the new 8.3.7 postmaster simply refuses to start.
>
> Any pointers would be highly appreciated ;-)

You likely need to increase max shared mem.  With linux that's easy to do with

sysctl -a|grep shm

to get a list, and then copy and paste with changes to
/etc/sysctl.conf.  Look them up on the google, or in our docs, some
good examples both places.

Note that anytime the postmaster doesn't startup it tries to log it
somewhere.  Look for postmaster logs and such.