Re: Vacuum on the database versus individual tables.

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Vacuum on the database versus individual tables.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 8:40 AM, Hartman,
Matthew<Matthew.Hartman@krcc.on.ca> wrote:
> Good morning.
>
> On occasion I’ll perform a full vacuum on a database but will still receive
> a suggestion to vacuum an individual table immediately after. Does the full
> database vacuum not handle each individual table?

Wait, is this a regular vacuum against the whole database, or a vacuum
FULL against the whole database? Or a vacuum full on an individual
table.  Vacuum full is generally not recommended for regular
maintenance, but only for getting out of bloat problems that regular
vacuum can no longer handle.  It is generally best followed by a
reindex to clean up the indexes.