Re: What is the most optimal config parameters to keep stable write TPS ?..

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: What is the most optimal config parameters to keep stable write TPS ?..
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 8:15 PM, Greg Smith <gsmith@gregsmith.com> wrote:

> http://www.westnet.com/~gsmith/content/postgresql/chkp-bgw-83.htm is a long
> discussion of just this topic, if you saw a serious change by adjusting
> checkpoint_timeout than further experimentation in this area is likely to
> help you out.

I highly recommend your article on the background writer.  Reading the
one on tuning the 8.2 bgw allowed me to make some changes to the
production servers at my last job that made a huge difference in
sustained tps on a logging server