Re: need help for PostgreSQL consistency check mechanism

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: need help for PostgreSQL consistency check mechanism
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 8:24 PM, Chen, Dongdong (GE Healthcare)
<DongdongChen@ge.com> wrote:
> I wanna know if there is any way or tool to detect the DB data loss or
> damage and inform developer  the result before recovery? If there is
> data loss, the DB could still open or not ?
> Sometimes even if shutdown abnormally, the data still keep in good
> condition.

Assuming non broken hardware and a drive subsystem that doesn't lie
about fsync, and that the dba hasn't turned off fsync, an abnormal
shutdown should NEVER result in a corrupted database.