Re: Frequently unable connecting to db "server doesn't listen"

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Frequently unable connecting to db "server doesn't listen"
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 8:10 PM, Net Tree Inc. <nettreeinc@gmail.com> wrote:

> If this e-mail address is not intend use for asking questions using e-mail
> suscription, please ignore it.  I could not find any official PostgreSQL
> support forum for me to post ask questions. Appreciated if you could you
> refer me a few good PostgreSQL support forum for me to ask questions.

This is a mailing list, so you're here!  No need to look for web
forums or anything.

> The problem I am having has happened a few times within in a week. I am
> repeatly not able to connect to the db and having "server doesn't listen"
> message without touch anything, it just happen. First time it happen after I
> restarting my computer that has not been restart for almost a month. After
> restarting and trying to connect to DB and it failed, also I notice my
> computer can not be restart nor shutdown under the normal way by click on
> "start menu" and "shutdown or restart". I can only shut it down use the hard
> way by pressing the power button, I don't know why, but its another story.
> Therefore for DB, I only can fix it by uninstall and reinstall PostgreSQL.
> But it happening repeatly.
>
> Any one experience it? or to guide me to where I can find help?

Several possibilities.  What's your max_connections set to?  What does
the postgresql log have to say (if anything) about these failed
connections?  How many postgres processes are running when this
happens?  What OS is this on? Are you using some kind of persistent
php client?  Or some other kind of pooling client that might be using
up all the connections?

Any other info you can give us will help.