Re: nooby Q: temp tables good for web apps?

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: nooby Q: temp tables good for web apps?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 7:12 PM, Kenneth Tilton <kentilton@gmail.com> wrote:

> Scott Marlowe wrote:
>>
>> You can use a different method if you need a table available to the
>> same session.  Create a schema based on the session id, and put your
>> temp tables there, only don't call them temp tables.  You'll either
>> need to make sure you always clean up your temp schema your session
>> created or come up with a daemon that comes along every hour or so and
>> kills off old schemas that aren't in use anymore.
>
> I am LMAO because Lisp (my server-side lang) does this to noobs, too: three
> (at least) ways to do everything. Well, if all things are equal dropping one
> schema and not kludging up mangled table names has a lot of appeal. Thx.

Schemas, search_path and views together can let you do some pretty
cool things in terms of integrating external postgresql based apps
with each other.

Сообщение: Re: nooby Q: temp tables good for web apps?
Сообщение: Re: nooby Q: temp tables good for web apps?