Re: Is there a meaningful benchmark?

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Is there a meaningful benchmark?
Дата
Re: Is there a meaningful benchmark?  ("Dann Corbit" <DCorbit@connx.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 3:50 PM, Will Rutherdale (rutherw)
<rutherw@cisco.com> wrote:
> Even if such a question is answered, it isn't going to be the only
> factor.  For example I have collected reasonable numbers already on
> footprints of different RDBMSs, because embedded guys might find that
> important if they're restricted to 64MB of flash.  On the other hand if
> they went with some of the newer solid state drives with gigs of space,
> then a few packages using 10s of MB wouldn't be such a problem any more.

If you're looking at embedded usage, and footprint is an issue (it
usually is even if you think it won't be) look at sqllite.  Pretty
good embedded db and lightweight.  Pgsql is not intended to compete in
the embedded space.

Сообщение: Re: Is there a meaningful benchmark?
Сообщение: Re: Is there a meaningful benchmark?