Re: Query with date where clause is very slow

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Query with date where clause is very slow
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 10:17 PM, Mike Christensen <imaudi@comcast.net> wrote:
> I'd tell you, but I lost the database last night <g>
>
> I'll go rebuild the test data but it'll take a while.

I assume the data was properly representative of the real data, and
that you were running analyze; before running any queries.  Normally
when you see this kind of slow down it's that postgresql picked a bad
query plan because of bad estimates.  Most bad estimates can be fixed
with simple increases in the the stats target for the offending
column.  Sometimes it takes more than that.  Look for numbers of row
estimated versus actual rows returned, and loops.