Re: Strange Grant behavior in postgres 8.3

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Strange Grant behavior in postgres 8.3
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 9:20 PM, Clemens Schwaighofer
<clemens.schwaighofer@tequila.jp> wrote:

> But yesterday I run in some issues with table ownership and thought if I
> just give the user all rights for the DB, he should have all rights to
> the tables too.

Try granting select on a database and you will get this:

grant select on database smarlowe to stan;
ERROR:  invalid privilege type SELECT for database

OTOH,

 grant connect on database smarlowe to stan;
GRANT

But even easier is to use the db owner as the ROLE instead of as a
user, and just

alter group guywhoownsthedb add user guywhodoesnt;