Re: Key Vs Index

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Key Vs Index
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 12:37 AM, Abdul Rahman <abr_ora@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have found the answer. PostgreSQL creates index on primary key implicitly
> and can be seen via \d tablename; command on psql prompt. But PG_Admin-III
> does not show this index. Sorry to say that I faced several problems because
> of PG_Admin-III. And I advise you to use psql prompt instead of GUI.

Yeah, I'm a big big fan of psql.  Try tab completion on for size,
that's really cool, but I wish it worked for more situations.  be sure
and look through all the \ commands, there's a ton of them, and some
are quite useful,  \i for input a file, \o for output stdout to a
file, and so on...

I have to say I'm very spoiled by psql, and would have killed for an
equivalent on oracle back when I had to keep it happy.  Closest
compromise I ever got was using rlwrap on it's sql command like tool.