Re: Cast for text->Integer missing in 8.3.5

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Cast for text->Integer missing in 8.3.5
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 8:23 AM, Nykolyn, Andrew <andrew.nykolyn@ngc.com> wrote:
> I am trying to upgrade my Postgres server from 8.2.3 to 8.3.5 and have found
> that the cast text->integer and integer->text are missing.  Is there a
> reason why they are not there and how can I get them back.  I have many
> stored procedures that rely on those casts

They were removed because the output was unpredictable.  It's far
better to spend your time fixing your code than trying to reinstate
buggy / questionable behaviour.

Сообщение: Re: Trying to create implicit casts to text in PG 8.3
Сообщение: Re: Trying to create implicit casts to text in PG 8.3