Re: Need help with 8.4 Performance Testing

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Need help with 8.4 Performance Testing
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Sun, Dec 7, 2008 at 12:38 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:

I've got a pair of 8 core opteron 16 drive machines I would like to
test it on.  If nothing else I'll just take queries from the log to
run against an 8.4 install.  It'll have to be late at night though...

> If you are going to use pgbench to test, *please* read Greg Smith's notes
> first:
> http://www.westnet.com/~gsmith/gregsmith/content/postgresql/pgbench-scaling.htm

When I last used pgbench I wanted to test it with an extremely large
dataset, but it maxes out at -s 4xxx or so, and that's only in the
40Gigabyte range.  Is the limit raised for the pgbench included in
contrib in 8.4?  I'm guessing it's an arbitrary limit.