Re: How to reduce impact of a query.

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: How to reduce impact of a query.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 8:17 AM, Howard Cole <howardnews@selestial.com> wrote:
> Teodor Sigaev wrote:
>>>
>>> The machine in question is a 1GB Ram, AMD 64 with Raid 1 Sata disks. Non

Your entire disk io subsystem is a pair of hard drives.  I'm assuming
software RAID.

> The time that this query takes is not the issue, rather it is the impact
> that it has on the server - effectively killing it for the 40 seconds due to
> the heavy disk access.

You either need to invest more into your drive subsystem so it can
handle parallel load better, or you need to create a slave db with
slony or londiste so that the ugly queries hit the slave.

Сообщение: Re: How to reduce impact of a query.
Сообщение: Re: How to reduce impact of a query.