Re: PostgreSQL Windows x64 Build

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: PostgreSQL Windows x64 Build
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 2:45 PM, Serge Fonville
<serge.fonville@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been using PostgreSQL for quite a while now.
> And (pure out of interest) been trying to build a Windows x64 version of it.

There was a discussion of this very subject here a few months ago, you
should look that up.  It explained a lot of the reasons there isn't
currently a 64bit windows build.  One of the reasons I remember is
that postgresql's "shared memory" design is slow when you allocate
large amounts of it in windows, and that's one of the few reasons for
needing a 64 bit version of pgsql.  I remember a few more reasons
popping up.  I'm guessing it's a subject for the -hackers list though.

Сообщение: Re: Vacuum Full is *hideously* slow!
Сообщение: Re: Vacuum Full is *hideously* slow!