Re: Semi-customized queries? Subset of SQL? Accessing the parser? Injection?

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Semi-customized queries? Subset of SQL? Accessing the parser? Injection?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 12:46 PM, Webb Sprague <webb.sprague@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Or do it with simple combo boxes if you
>> want to limit the users to crippled queries.)
>
> I want to limit my users to *half* crippled queries -- arbitrary
> column lists, where clauses, group by lists, and sort by lists.  I
> want to make sure that they aren't doing any data modifications nested
> inside a where clause or a column definition as a subquery.

Well, setting proper permissions will prevent them from making
changes.  So I do think the generic "throw a query at the db and turn
the result into a table" will probably work ok.  As long as you aren't
talking millions of rows.  You could detect result sets over x number
of rows and just give the user a link to download the data in a csv
file if it's over that threshold.