Re: schema name in SQL statement.

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: schema name in SQL statement.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 10:53 PM, johnf <jfabiani@yolo.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday 19 August 2008 04:01:55 pm Adrian Klaver wrote:
>> From: "Masis, Alexander (US SSA)" <alexander.masis@baesystems.com>
>>
>> > I have to explicitly specify the schema name to make SQL statement to
>> > work.
>> > Can I set the schema before the query, or set a default schema?
>> > My current statement:
>> > "SELECT col FROM schema.table"
>> > I like to be able to use generic SQL statement like:
>> > "SELECT col FROM table"
>>
>> See search_path in:
>> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/interactive/runtime-config-client.html
>
> I see answers like this all the time.  When I review the doc's I still don't
> know how to set the "search_path" because there is no example in the doc's.
> Do I do something like this:
> "select search_path=(public)"  or "select search_path="public" .  So how is
> the search_path set?

But there is a link on that page under search_path that points here:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/interactive/ddl-schemas.html

which has much better info on search_path in it.

От: "Scott Marlowe"
Сообщение: Re: can't get UPDATE ... RETURNING ... INTO ... to compile successfully
Сообщение: Re: can't get UPDATE ... RETURNING ... INTO ... to compile successfully