Re: Filesystem benchmarking for pg 8.3.3 server

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Filesystem benchmarking for pg 8.3.3 server
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 6:23 PM, Scott Carey <scott@richrelevance.com> wrote:
> Some SATA drives were known to not flush their cache when told to.
> Some file systems don't know about this (UFS, older linux kernels, etc).
>
> So yes, if your OS / File System / Controller card combo properly sends the
> write cache flush command, and the drive is not a flawed one, all is well.
> Most should, not all do.  Any one of those bits along the chain can
> potentially be disk write cache unsafe.

I can attest to the 2.4 kernel not being able to guarantee fsync on
IDE drives.  And to the LSI megaraid SCSI controllers of the era
surviving numerous power off tests.

Сообщение: Re: Filesystem benchmarking for pg 8.3.3 server
Сообщение: Re: Filesystem benchmarking for pg 8.3.3 server