Re: Converting Copy to insert statement in backup file

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Converting Copy to insert statement in backup file
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 9:40 AM, Chris Preston
<chris@thetrafalgartravel.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a backup cron job (shown below) but its too big and there are times
> that I want to just cut out from the text file certain areas to restore data
> in a specific table… Looking in the file, I notice there is a "copy"
> command.. Someone told me that there was  a parameter that I could use to
> convert the copy to insert so I could easily cut it out of the file and run
> it on its own ..Any ideas

pg_dump --help says:
 -d, --inserts               dump data as INSERT commands, rather than COPY -D, --column-inserts        dump data as
INSERTcommands with column names

So one of those two commands will output insert commands instead of
copy commands.  note that insert commands tend to run a bit more
slowly, even if you enclose them in a transaction.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: