Re: could not connect error

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: could not connect error
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 2:45 PM, JD Wong <asi4man@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey,
>     I'm a first time postgres user.  I was able to access yesterday a
> database I had loaded that same day until the system was shut down without
> warning.  Now I get the error:
>
> createdb: could not connect to database postgres: could not connect to
> server: No such file or directory
>
>         Is the server running locally and accepting
>         connections on Unix domain socket "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432"?
>
>  I reinstalled the database with no difference, does anyone know how I may
> resolve the issue?  Thanks in advance.

We might need more info.  What you need to find out is if the database
is capable of coming up, and if not, why not.  what OS, pg version,
etc... are you running?

How do you start your db?  /etc/init.d/....  or pg_ctl or???

You can look in the pg logs to see what it says when it tries to come up.

You can use pg_ctl to see if you can get the db up.