Re: migration problem

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: migration problem
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 7:23 PM, PJ <af.gourmet@videotron.ca> wrote:
> I have a couple of LAN servers set up for learning & developing. One is
> FreeBSD 4.10 running apache 1.3 with php4 module and postgresql 7.3 ; the
> 7.0 is running apache22, php5 and posstgresql 8.3.
> Here's the problem: Everything is fine on the older machine. I transferred
> one "WebSite" to the newer machine; did the pg_dumpall to the new machine
> and all appears ok. I changed the include $DOCUMENT_ROOTs to
> ($_SERVER["DOCUMENT_ROOT"]...... and all that is well. However, there seems
> to be a problem with the sql code which was done by another party. There is
> a function "checkuser" which is invoked upon login from index.php. The
> instruction is: checkuser(array(0,1,2,3,4,5,6));...... and there it stops.

The php code gives me a bit of a headache, but I'll make a couple of
suggestions and observations.

Older PHP servers often have global variables turned on.  They are
turned off by default.  This means that an url like:
http://myserver.com/mypage.php?var1=val1 would set a variable called
$var1 equal to val1 on a server with global vars set to on.  With it
off, you'd get no such auto assinment and would have to pull it from
$_GET['var1'].

Also, older php servers usually were set up to print php errors to the
screen.  Mostly now they are defaulted to NOT outputting errors to the
screen, and you might do well to turn them on if they're off.  Then
the page should give you useful info when it fails.