Re: Benchmark: Dell/Perc 6, 8 disk RAID 10

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Benchmark: Dell/Perc 6, 8 disk RAID 10
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Sun, Mar 16, 2008 at 1:36 PM, Dave Cramer <pg@fastcrypt.com> wrote:

>  On 16-Mar-08, at 3:04 PM, Craig James wrote:
>  > Just out of curiosity: Last time I did research, the word seemed to
>  > be that xfs was better than ext2 or ext3.  Is that not true?  Why
>  > use ext2/3 at all if xfs is faster for Postgres?
>  >
>  I would like to see the evidence of this. I doubt that it would be
>  faster than ext2. There is no journaling on ext2.

Well, if you're dropping a large table ext2/3 has that very long wait
thing that can happen.  Don't know how much battery backed cache would
help.

Сообщение: Re: Benchmark: Dell/Perc 6, 8 disk RAID 10
Сообщение: Re: Benchmark: Dell/Perc 6, 8 disk RAID 10