Re: Help with pre-loaded arbitrary key sequences

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Help with pre-loaded arbitrary key sequences
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Jan 17, 2008 9:19 AM, James B. Byrne <byrnejb@harte-lyne.ca> wrote:

> On Thu, January 17, 2008 10:15, Scott Marlowe wrote:
> >
> > If race conditions are a possible issue, you use a sequence and
> > increment that until you get a number that isn't used.  That way two
> > clients connecting at the same time can get different, available
> > numbers.
> >

> That is close to the idea that I originally had.  I was simply wondering
> if the built-in sequencer could handle this case or whether I need to roll
> my own.

Got bored, hacked this aggregious pl/pgsql routine up.  It looks
horrible, but I wanted it to be able to use indexes.  Seems to work.
Test has ~750k rows and returns in it and returns a new id in  < 1ms
on my little server.

File attached.

Вложения