Re: creation of tables with warnings

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: creation of tables with warnings
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 9/17/07, SHARMILA JOTHIRAJAH <sharmi_jo@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi
> Sometimes when I create a table with the
> CREATE TABLE sql command,
> it creates a table but with some warnings
>
> For example, I create this table in Aqua studio as
> create table foo(col1 varchar2);
>
> gives
>
> Warnings: --->
>    W (1):
>           <---
>  0 record(s) affected
>
> The table is created. So what does this warnings mean? where and how do i
> check them?

Are you sure you're using PostgreSQL?  Cause in 8.2.4 I get:

create table foo(col1 varchar2);
ERROR:  type "varchar2" does not exist
LINE 1: create table foo(col1 varchar2);

which is what I expect.  Is this a cut and paste or did you copy this by hand.

Please cut and paste EXACTLY what you're typing and what postgresql is saying.

Also, is this in psql or some other client?