Re: Make a SQL statement not run trigger

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Make a SQL statement not run trigger
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On 8/21/07, Jon Collette <jon@etelos.com> wrote:
> Is it possible to run an insert,update, or delete and have it not launch
> a trigger like it normally would?
>
> For example could I set a value
> DONOTRUN = True;
> insert into contacts ....

The closest thing to a session variable for pgsql is going to likely
be a temp table.  you could have a temp table for each session that
stores such things and the trigger looks in the temp table to see what
to do.

> Or is there just a global variable I could set to disable triggers and
> then reset it? And would that be a per connection variable?

Yes, but that would open you up to race conditions.  If another
session wanted the trigger to fire it would not get it.  Using a temp
table would allow you to get around the race condition.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Make a SQL statement not run trigger
Сообщение: Re: Make a SQL statement not run trigger