Re: Enterprise Wide Deployment

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Enterprise Wide Deployment
Дата
Re: Enterprise Wide Deployment
Список pgsql-general
On 8/14/07, john_sm <john_smith3853@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hey guys, for an enterprise wide deployment, what will you suggest and why
> among - Red Hat Linux, Suse Linux and Ubuntu Linux, also, do you think, we
> can negotiate the support pricing down?

It's more about your skill set and familiarity than whether any one of
those will work well enough.

If you're considering Ubuntu, you should be looking at debian, the
parent distro for ubuntu.  The server version of debian is very stable
and reliable.

As for cost, Debian and Ubuntu are free, and RedHat is available for
free as either Centos or White Box, with slightly delayed updates.

I lean towards RHEL because that's what I know.

No matter what you pick, you need to test it with your setup of course.