Re: Crash in PostgreSQL-8.2.4 while executing query

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Crash in PostgreSQL-8.2.4 while executing query
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 7/7/07, rupesh bajaj <rupesh.bajaj@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> When I run the following query Postmaster crashes. For your reference I have
> attached information regarding the query (query plan, table , index, server
> log).
> My observation is that when Postmaster starts taking lot of memory because
> of which system runs out of memory and OS kills the process. System specs
> are as: SUSE 10.1, 2GB RAM , P- IV.

Formatting your queries makes it much easier for people reading it to
try and help you.

This query looks like an unconstrained join.  Judging by the query
plan that explain returns, I'd sau that is the case.

What, exactly, are you trying to do here?  I'd think that a union of
two queries with those where exists clauses as where clauses and a
proper join on the semtable might work beyyer.