Re: refactoring basebackup.c

От tushar
Тема Re: refactoring basebackup.c
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 1/4/22 8:07 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
> Before sending an email like this, it would be a good idea to read the
> documentation for the --server-compression option.
Sure, Thanks Robert.

One scenario where I feel error message is confusing and if it is not
supported at all then error message need to be a little bit more clear

if we use -z  (or -Z ) with -t , we are getting this error
[edb@centos7tushar bin]$  ./pg_basebackup -t server:/tmp/test0 -Xfetch -z
pg_basebackup: error: only tar mode backups can be compressed
Try "pg_basebackup --help" for more information.

but after removing -z option  backup is in tar mode only

edb@centos7tushar bin]$  ./pg_basebackup -t server:/tmp/test0 -Xfetch
[edb@centos7tushar bin]$ ls /tmp/test0
backup_manifest  base.tar

--