Re: How do create a user with a bashscript

От A B
Тема Re: How do create a user with a bashscript
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
2008/9/19 Andreas Kretschmer <akretschmer@spamfence.net>:
> A B <gentosaker@gmail.com> schrieb:
>
>> Hi.
>> I want to create a user with the  createuser  command and supply the
>> password at the command line in a script, like this
>>
>> #!/bin/bash
>> createuser  myuser
>>
>> but I want to supply a password on the command line, is that possible?
>> The docs tells me no, but does anyone know of a workaround?
>
> Maybe with expect(1):
>
> NAME
>       expect - programmed dialogue with interactive programs, Version 5
>
> SYNOPSIS
>       expect [ -dDinN ] [ -c cmds ] [ [ -[f|b] ] cmdfile ] [ args ]
>
> INTRODUCTION
>       Expect  is  a program that "talks" to other interactive programs according to a script.  Following the script,
Expectknows what can be expected
>       from a program and what the correct response should be.  An interpreted language provides branching and
high-levelcontrol structures to  direct
>       the dialogue.  In addition, the user can take control and interact directly when desired, afterward returning
controlto the script.

> Andreas

I managed to do it by calling psql and setting the password in the
command (with -c option). Took some time to figure out that I had to
use the template1 database when connecting.